What's a good gain range for feedback delay?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Right I'm going through a range of components of what to use for gain as feedback in a delay unit but don't particularly know what a good range is (0 < N), any reccomendations? I want a decent amount for super-dubby washouts but also fine control over the range of a normal pot' turn

Anything over 100% will get louder as it repeats. if you ride that control you can definitely get some dubby stuff happening, but it can easily get out of control.

its good to put filters and other effects in the feedback loop as well.

anyways the whole range is useful, up to 110%
however the lower part of the range becomes almost inaudible
You could have a reverse law control on there, where most of the action is over the 50 to 110% range.

Aah, cheers, I didn't think about inaudible signal gain so this 'reverse control law' would be quite handy; what is it and how does it work? Sorry if it's simple, I just had a quick look on google and couldn't find anything. It would be really good for fine control of gain ratio though

that would be like an audio taper potentiometer, which has most of its range near the bottom, but around the other way so the fine control is at the top. I think there are potentiometers called "anti-log" but almost impossible to find. you would probably just use a linear potentiometer and make the circuit behave that way electronically.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.