trainwreck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A friend of mine built a 6v6 trainwreck style amp for me..problem is it sounds dark(like a pillow is over the speaker) and muddy on the bottem end and becomes muddier in bass and more sterile sounding as you crank the gain. Only non original mod is he put a 1 meg resistor between preamp stage and output stage to filter parasitic noises...would this resistor filter out tone too??

We also put a master volume in as well for low volume gigging. The 1 meg resistor is just before the master volume and is in the entire circuit.

Last edited:
A friend of mine built a 6v6 trainwreck style amp for me..problem is it sounds dark(like a pillow is over the speaker) and muddy on the bottem end and becomes muddier in bass and more sterile sounding as you crank the gain. Only non original mod is he put a 1 meg resistor between preamp stage and output stage to filter parasitic noises...would this resistor filter out tone too??

We also put a master volume in as well for low volume gigging. The 1 meg resistor is just before the master volume and is in the entire circuit.

There are a lot of things that can muddy up a TR, I would start by posting a drawing of the exact mods that were used.

You also might find a heck of a lot of help over here.
http://ampgarage.com/forum/index.php?sid=5dea3dee5c7212659c850c40643f81f1

That site is pretty much devoted to TR's.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.