Behringer EP1500

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have one powering a HT subwoofer and in that job it does quite well. Plenty of clean power.

The drawback is fan noise. I probably would have opted for some other solution if I were to do it again since it sits behind me near the woofer. I installed a quieter Panasonic fan, but it's still too noisy for my tastes. One of these days I'll install a temp sensor to vary fan speed, a lot of trouble. Another drawback is that is has only balanced input connections, no RCAs.

Use a LM7808 chip, the voltage regulator..and continuously power your fan with this

under voltage.

This voltage, usually does not allow the fan to produce noise.

Maybe your noise is because of windscreen causing turbulence...in this case there's nothing to be done except to switch the fan off.

The amplifier is very good..... do not need any tweaking to reproduce a nice sound.... better to tweak the speaker and to let this nice unit in peace.

Increasing of supply electrolitic condensers is always a good idea..if will not give you audible advantage, at least will not cause you any harm

regards,

Carlos

It´s a very popular and dependant amplifier for driving subwoofers.
Don´t change anything, it´s a concept, it´s just to play with the protection circuits.
Just adjust the bias and get very low distortion, then it´s good even as a fullrange distributor.

I´ve put mine in the room next to my listeningroom. Just drilled a little hole in the wall.;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.