Audio coaxial cable for guitar

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking at farnell for suitable audio coaxial cable for a guitar or other instruments and I cannot choose because I am looking for something soft and flexible which is meant to be stepped on, occasionally. I do not want TV--aerial type of cable which is meant to withstand scorching sun and rain but is very rigid. Any ideas?

I am looking at farnell for suitable audio coaxial cable for a guitar or other instruments and I cannot choose because I am looking for something soft and flexible which is meant to be stepped on, occasionally. I do not want TV--aerial type of cable which is meant to withstand scorching sun and rain but is very rigid. Any ideas?
screened twisted pair or twisted quad, if the guitar has no amplifier inside.
If the guitar has some amplification built in, you may be able to relax the connecting cable spec.

Farnell sell cable made by a company called Vann Damme which are specifically made for stage and studio use of musical instruments and recoding/pa equipment. The one which would probably be best suited to your application would be the Classic Instrument Series which comes in a bunch of colours but you should be able to find it here. Or you could try VDC Trading in the UK who normally have a much better range in stock.

I use a lot of this stuff at home as it performs very well and is so supple when you're working with it, its also made a few good guitar cables for a very picky friend of mine.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.