behringer powered mixer - must force clipping w/ pad off in order to run normally????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Behringer PMH880S 10-Channel Powered Mixer with FX (800 Watts). Its only a year old. All of a sudden I notice my left channel doesn't work, but I can still kind of hear scratchy sound coming through. So I force it to clip, and then its normal; perfect regular sound coming through like the right channel. Why do I have to have a loud sound (clip) to make the left channel work. I only have to force it to clip when I first turn on the amp. Even after I turn the amp off, if I use it within the next 10 minutes, the left channel still works fine. If I leave it for more then say 20min, I have to re-clip the left channel by making a loud sound in the microphone to make it work again.

Find the power amp in jacks for that channel, squirt in some cleaner, and work a plug in an out several times. See if that helps.

It really sounds like a cutout contact on a switching jack somewhere.

Failing that, squirt some cleaner in hte power amp assign switch and the speaker processing switch and slide them bac and forth a forth a few times.

It doesn;t really sound like a bad electronic component.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.