bass speaker help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
just a few shots before its painted black
and proud to say, not much filler needed

Attachments

• IMG_6382.JPG
    IMG_6382.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_6385.JPG
    IMG_6385.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6390.JPG
    IMG_6390.JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 63
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
....and ship this one to me :D

if you can afford it :p :$::$::$::$::$::$::$::eek:

btw, I wonder how much manufactors care about tweeter phase
but hey, its just a bass guitar, who cares
anyway, I just tried to reverse phase on tweeter
like it should be, per our 'hifi experience'
wow, that was a big surprice
sound and playability changed significantly
clearly much better

if you can afford it :p :$::$::$::$::$::$::$::eek:

btw, I wonder how much manufactors care about tweeter phase
but hey, its just a bass guitar, who cares
anyway, I just tried to reverse phase on tweeter
like it should be, per our 'hifi experience'
wow, that was a big surprice
sound and playability changed significantly
clearly much better

I seriously think you're just imagining it - I bet you couldn't tell any difference on double-blind tests.

Why do you even want a tweeter for a bass guitar anyway?.

Never took the time to measure slap bass but i believe there is content beyond 10k

Here's a waterfall plot of my bowed electric upright bass, taken from a room recording:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I've experimented quite a bit with using 6.5 inch mid drivers rather than tweeters, and so far have generally found using a real tweeter above the mid driver to be preferable for my wants and needs. Typically I cross from the mid driver to the tweeter at around 3KHz.

I don't even own or play any fretted basses, FWIW, but one of my fretless bass guitars makes plenty of content to 5K or so, well above the point that many if not most bass oriented cone drivers are beaming.

What EUB are you playing ?

Regards

Charles

Hi Charles, it's a BSX Model 2000, one of Dino's first models I believe. Quite a bit of the upper harmonic content comes from the chorus effect I was using, which you can see the effect of throughout the waterfall graph.

Here is a bit of the live room recording, recorded with two PZM mics. One cab is similar to the one pictured upthread, but with a direct radiator B&C 6MD38 instead of the horn loaded 18Sound driver; the second one is a 1 X 12 co-ax loaded with a Selenium driver, band limited and used just for ambient stereo effects.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.