Feedback problem with Guitar amp ....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks , I recently built a Guitar amp and it sounds freaking amazeing but yesterday I started getting a Bad intermitant feedback problem .....

What happens is that it sounds Just fine and is dead quiet when not playing any notes but then suddenly i get a loud hum and unyielding feedback and after a few minutes it goes away and sounds awesome again but it comes back eventually....

The amp is a "PAIA Stack In a Box " Tube preamp kit , with a 15 band eq after it going into a TDA7293 Chip ....

here"s the schematic for the preamp ....

http://www.paia.com/prodimages/siabsch.pdf

Does it sound like a Bad Tube or something ?? The tube only has about 25 hours on it .....

any help would be great .....

Thanx

I don"t think it is 2 hot , the chassis is quite large with lots of ventilation and the Tube only runs off of a 45v Plate voltage and the TDA7293 Chip is on a 8in x 8in x 2in Heatsink and barely even gets above ambient temp ......

There is no feedback with the Volume on the guitar off but there is a lot more hum than usual .....

What I am suspecting is because the Plate voltage is created useing a Cmos hex inverter as a charge pump that maybe the Plate Voltage is suddenly droping which causeing the 12ax7 to overload a lot more than usual which is causeing the feedback .....

Maybe there is a Bad cap in the charge pump which is causeing the Voltage to drop ..... ??

I wonder if I can use the +/-42v DC that goes to the TDA7293 to power the Plate ?? that way I can get 84v for the Plate and get more headroom and gain ....

Thanx

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.