Sources for Replacement Fender Filter Caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Antique Electronic Supply has what you need. I see by the schematic your Twin uses 22@16,22@450 with 500V surge, 47@350, 100@100, and 220@285. A.E.has all of these, but for the 22@16, you would have to use 22@50, and for the 220@285, use 220@350. The higher voltage ratings will not make a difference. Probably be better.:D

Great info and thanks for references.

I am by no means an amp tech. Just a guy with enough knowledge to be dangerous. In looking over the caps and schematic diagrams I see a few differences.

Apparently this amp may have had a cap job done back early 2000. The C110, C111 and C112 caps are 500v where as the specs call for a 450v. I am looking over the 30k 10W wire wound resistor and seeing evidence of overheating. I replaced this resistor back in 2003 - the one that in the amp had completely disintegrated. Could the higher rated voltage caps be contributing to the overheating of this resistor?

I don't own an O-scope just a multimeter. I am going to replace most of the resistors in the power sections just to be safe. Should I suspect a diode or transistor at some other point as well?

Jerry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.