The secrets of guitar amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Actually absolute phase might come into play depending almost entirely upon how you play, what your tone settings are and most importantly IF your sound includes a lot of real low end or "chunk" - the way the cone moves when you hit the strings is either going to be in or out.

Playing solo, or without anything other than bass &/or drums, this can be part of one's sound. It is for me. So I do try to set it up so that when I whapp" the strings it gives a pulse out to the audience... of course with other guitar and other instruments, the low stuff just muddies up the sound and gets in the way usually, so then it really makes little difference.

It might matter a bit if you are doing some "critical" recording - and you might notice a bit of diff in the total tonality of a given track depending on the absolute phase of the track, AND the absolute phase of the output of the rig (assuming you've been mic'd).

But otherwise, rather irrelevant, imho.

_-_-bear

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.