Infinity: an universal guitar preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all!

It has been a quite long time since I posted here ... In the last few months I came up with this project, which you may have already seen on other fora. Enough gibberish, here it is! :D

Enter Infinity, a guitar preamplifier offering great sound versatility, from clean to heavy distortion. It can be used for DI applications (in conjuction with the PA and a monitor), and for recording. A short presentation can be downloaded here.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

:) Samples :)att'n: : very uninspired and sloppy playing!)
A Youtube video of first prototype, and containing some samples (direct recording to the PC soundcard): Here!
Other samples:
- Here! for a Vox style.
- Here! for Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb (delay was added through Audacity).
- Here! for "Two minutes to 2h in the morning" (since I recorded it at 2AM), Iron Maiden style.
- Here! for a Plexi style.
- Here! for "Thunderstruck", AC/DC style
- Here! for "Sharp Dressed Man", ZZ Top style.

:) Files
The latest schematics of Infinity (V1.1) are here!
And the parts layout:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

:) Building pictorial

Here is a .zip file with all the photos ( size 4,73Mo). I couldn't post the thumbnails, since there are too many ...

Enjoy! :)

Hello!

I've built one following the schematic, without using my brain... I just wanted to let you know that the Baxandall stage is wrong, the op-amp will just go into saturation. Replace the 68nF cap with a 4k7 resistor and everything will be fine.

It's seeable with naked eye that there is no DC connection between the input and output of that op-amp.

The tone and the versability are great!!! Thanks for such a good project! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.