Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

What makes the good guitar pickup sound so good?
What makes the good guitar pickup sound so good?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th June 2018, 01:09 AM   #31
Psicopanque is offline Psicopanque  Brazil
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltwide View Post
not really, you will alter the sound by doing so.
anyway, after considering the way i've spoken about my opinions, sorry if i let you down by dissing the single stacks, what i really wanted to say is that you should value the true singles the next time you get the opportunity because even with the hum, theres possibilities to achieve happiness with it and single stacks are nice too, every pickup is nice if well made, and its rare to find a bad designed single stack, so i congratulate you and sincere apologies for any subliminal mistreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapestryofsound View Post
I have a faux telecaster that I built for myself a few years back. It is fitted with two massively overwound pickups that are wired in parallel straight to the output jack - that's no volume or tone controls. As they are overwound, the pickups have quite a lot of inherent capacitance, so much so that the treble is sweet to the ear - my ear. What makes this guitar exceptional is the attention to detail in the setup, coupled with heavy gauge flat wound strings, brass saddles and a brass nut. The result is an exceptionally capable, very musical guitar. Yes, the choice of pickups is important, but its their integration with the instrument (and what is done with said instrument) that makes all the difference.

tapestryofsound
seems fun, quite hard to imagine the way it is without my mind colouring the picture, do you have any sample to show please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRR View Post
Under each post is a QUOTE button Click the image to open in full size. but also the mysterious Click the image to open in full size. button.

Click that Click the image to open in full size. on each message you want to quote.

Now hit the QUOTE Click the image to open in full size. and all the Click the image to open in full size.-clicked messages are pre-pasted as quotes in your reply.

This can be unwieldy. Please trim the quotes to the essential point you are responding to.
thanks dear PRR, your advise is much appreciated;
Old 27th June 2018, 12:32 AM   #32
Psicopanque is offline Psicopanque  Brazil
diyAudio Member

A Guide to Lipstick Pickups | Reverb News

What makes the good guitar pickup sound so good?Hide this!Advertise here!