Marshall VS100 mods???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm resurrecting a VS100r head. The poweramp is beyond repair.
I've mated it to a randall poweramp and bypassed the switching chip for the moment so there's only two channels. The new chip is on the way. It sounds pretty good with the randal poweramp.

I'd like to tweak the clean channel for a warmer more fendery tone. Any suggestions?
I'd also love to eek a little more gain from the Hi-gain channel a-la engl.
I do have the schematics. It seems a little wierd.

I currently use a Tech21 Tri ac, double drive, modded warp pedal,and a rocktron metal planet. I'm trying to simplify things for now as I don't have time to build a 4 channel LHX2.
Cheers

I'm playing with it again. The power amp blew up a second time right on the bench so I've gutted it. I got all the switching working.
I tried a fetzer valve in front of it which warmed up the clean channel but then made an interesting discovery.....
There is 12v for the heaters and a 230v supply!!!!!!!!! Maybe I can add another tube or two.
Now I'm wondering if there's a good diy tube input stage I can toss into this thing before the first buffer eliminating the passive input parts.. suggestions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.