DIY Andy Summers Telecaster - help needed!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In the YouTube video, he states that the original boost was dead, so they had to make their own. It stands to reason that they used something they already had on hand, such as the Eric Clapton boost circuit.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Clapton circuit

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Summers circuit

They look pretty darn close to me. No doubt there's a change in a cap here and there, but it's probably not a major difference. If someone less lazy and with better eyesight than myself wanted to study the pics and see the specific differences, that would be great.

MrMorrison, in case you didn't know, there is an exact reproduction brass bridge available at armadilloguitar.com for about $120. That bridge and the saddles have been a major sticking point on building Summers repros in the past.

I'm in the planning and parts gathering stages for my own version now. Good luck on yours.

Titus,

Thank you very much. I was actually lucky enough to find a similar thread about a month ago, and found out that the preamp is a modded Eric Clapton circuit. So, now I'm just going about finding the differences between the two so I can make an exact replication.

I'm buying the brass bridge from Armadillo as well. :) Thanks again!

Anything concerning effect circuits you should check the forum at diystompboxes.com

I've pretty much lived there the last 8 years. So much information available.

Also, do yourself a huge favor and stay away from any new production germaniums, ESPECIALLY NTE. NTE are crap and sound like it. You should hit up the member offering you vintage GEs, and also check out Smallbearelec.com

Steve is a huge help for the DIY community and has everything you need including matched germanium trannys.

Good luck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.