epiphone pacemaker 50 t

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently got a pacemaker 50 t , which was gutted for restoration, Well I'm doing it now, my question is , it never had a tone control, is there an easy tone setup that could be put together, or is it not worth it, the front I would keep untouched and the tone knob would be mounted in the back, I got the schmatices from schmatic heaven.

uliami,
I did'nt see the schematics at schematic heaven but did find them here:
http://www.harpamps.com/gibson/pg_0390.jpg

A FVM (fender/vox/marshall) bass and treble tone stack could easily be inserted after V1 A before the volume "loudness" control.

If you want a single tone knob then the one which I have found works well is the old Garnet style. Look up some old Garnet amp schematics, particularly vocal amps.

Basically what this is:
The cathode bypass cap is lifted from ground and tied instead to one end of the tone pot. The other end of the tone pot is wired to the output side of the coupling cap from the same stage anode. The pot wiper goes to ground.

As I said look at some Garnet schematics to get component values. The V1B stage could easily have this added BUT would require a separate coupling cap off the anode (since V2A grid is not at 0V).

There are simpler single pot tone controls (usually just a high frequency cut) but this one works very well for little added complexity.

Cheers,
Ian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.