Yamaha PB-1 schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for posting this service manual, I used to own this preamp and have always kicked myself for selling it. I got an SWR Studio 220 and assumed the Yamaha was inferior at the time being solid state, boy I was wrong... This is one seriously badass little SS pre, it sounded better with 3 fixed and one parametric eq than the SWR did with 4 paragraphics 2 fixed a transparency switch an aural enhancer and a bonafide 12ax7. FML.
Anyway I might just try to build the EQ and gain stages some day since these things are going for upwards of $300 quite commonly now.

Thanks for posting this service manual, I used to own this preamp and have always kicked myself for selling it. I got an SWR Studio 220 and assumed the Yamaha was inferior at the time being solid state, boy I was wrong... This is one seriously badass little SS pre, it sounded better with 3 fixed and dissertation writer parametric eq than the SWR did with 4 paragraphics 2 fixed a transparency switch an aural enhancer and a bonafide 12ax7. FML.
Anyway I might just try to build the EQ and gain stages some day since these things are going for upwards of $300 quite commonly now.
Hello,

Have you managed to download the manual? I can't open the files from this forum. The Google Doc is loading and then there's an error message about a malware file from my antivirus.
I know it's quite an old thread, but I need this manual and I thought perhaps someone could send it to me via email or something. Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.