The mystery preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all
I have an un-usual guitar pre-amp,given to me by someone years ago.I have no documentation for it and am afraid to connect it up in case I smoke it.I think it was once inside a strat copy.
There are NO references to it on the net that I can find,and from what I remember it was given to me long before internet became popular.
Does anybody recognise it?

Attachments

• 100_1365.jpg
    100_1365.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 287
A quick google finds this http://www.trevorandthea.eclipse.co.uk/basses.htm which has a picture of one connected up, and might give you some help?.

But basically it looks a simple opamp preamp potted in a box, so two power leads (identified in the pictures at the link above), a ground, an input, and an output.

Or you could even try emailing the guy from the site above?.

I e-mailed Trevor at the above site and he kindly sent me a scan of the original documentation.For anyone who has one of these Hollis GX-10 pre-amps;
Red-Batt plus
Thick black-batt minus
Thin black-earth
Pink-input(from wire that normally goes to jack socket)
Yellow-output(goes to jack socket)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.