Solo-Pro Passive Boost

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok I feel like such a noob for asking these simple questions but maybe thats because I am a noob. :D So please go easy on me.

I am trying to build a "Solo-Pro" Footswitch as shown here:

http://www.diyguitarist.com/PDF_Files/SoloPro.pdf

Now I see one lead 2 of the switch designated to input and 5 for output. I assume I connect the positive of each jack to them respectively. My question is what do I do with the grounds? Also the grounds on the pot's, would i just connect them to the chasis of the stompbox or what? Sorry if these are super noob questions I am just now getting into stuff like this. It's a wonder I was able to build the little gem amp. Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone may offer.

Well I got it working as per the schematic but I have an interesting problem. I have one channel on the pedal maxed out and the other set just above as low as it gets. When I hook it up to my pc's sound interface and run it through an amp sim (or even clean in a recording program like audacity) it works great, the turned down channel barely puts through a signal and clicking it on I hear a loud signal. So I was like ok cool it works. Then I took it to my practice space and hooked it up to a real amp, virtually nothing changed besides where the sound is output. Low and behold with the same settings the turned down channel puts out roughly around 85-90% volume and the turned up one outputs normal so there isn't much of a boost. I figure I may have done something wrong but I don't think so. The only thing I replaced when making the pedal is using ceramic disk capacitor instead of the film, because my radio shack doesn't sell film cap's at 0.001uF. I doubt that is the cause since it works fine in one scenario and not the other. Any ideas?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.