Gibson reverb driver transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
garydue said:
I am restoring a Epiphone Glaxie same as a Gibson Scout GA17RVT. I need a reverb driver transformer. The driver tube is a 12ax7 & the tank is RV4c-1. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement or the primary & secondary values?
Thanks

That part ismight be similar to one that Mercury Magnetcs sells for Gibson replacement parts.

Mercury is the premier transformer company for guitar amp transformers.

If it were me, I would go that route in this case, Yes it is a bit more money, But experience with previous transformers from triode tells me you only get what you pay for. My junk box contains several.

http://www.mercurymagnetics.com/pages/mainframe.htm

I would give them a call, If they do not have it, I know they would make you one.

Trout

on a whim repairing a hammond amp, I used a SE transformer from a 50c5 radio as the previous post mentioned. No problems so far and it sounds great. Just make sure the B+ that's getting fed in isn't like 500 volts or something crazy, mine is working fine (and oversized compared to the original), and that's at 295 v.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.