Firefly, small guitar amp (partial kit)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In case some of you don't get over to ax84.com, this is a short post to let you know about the Firefly PCB project I began.

The Firefly is a nice little push-pull amp by Dough Hammond that is popular over at ax84.com. Tired of messy point-to-point projects I took a go at creating a PCB for the amp. The result is a small and relatively simple way to build a Firefly.

I tried to keep all the controls and such on the PCB as well to minimize the sort of "off board" wiring you have to do.

The project involved going through several prototype PCB layouts before arriving at the final (and hopefully polished) layout.

I sold out of the first batch of 20 I had made up so I ordered another 50. The good news is I am able to sell them for $19 each now. I make only a few bucks on each board (and send Doug a few as well), so I hope you don't mind my posting.

Here's the site: Firefly PCB

The board is "open hardware" so to speak. Meaning you can download the PCB layout yourself, modify it, and order your own boards if you like.

John Calhoun

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.