Accusonics Mixer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, let me start by saying i'm new to the whole DIY audio thing, i can work the gear from the outside, but once the case is off im utterly useless, so please excuse me if anything i say is just plain silly.

That said, my addiction to ebay has led me to acquire an Accusonics mixing desk
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Now said desk looks to have been rewired as a foldback mixer, which was fine for me because i only wanted it as something to do quick recording off, however upon rigging it up, i found that all the outputs have a lovely "ground hum+random electronic squeal" to them. Most of the channels work, but the only output that works is the headphone cue, but that just means i can hear the signal over the hum and squeal.

Firstly, has any one ever heard of Accusonics or know the model of this desk or anything because i cant find anything on the net and theres no model number or anything remotely identifying on the unit itself.

Secondly, would it be possible for me to just take direct outs from the channels themselves, bypassing the main output section (which im pretty sure is creating the noise) completely?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.