Ampeg SVT-VR or SVT-CL Schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everybody,
I'd like to build tube amplifier on my own and I had chosen Ampeg SVT, but have a problem with schematics:
On the Internet I can only find an old SVT schems (http://users.aol.com/bluemuse/ampeg.html -SVT preamp and SVT poweramp). that uses 12DW7, 12BH7, 12AX7 & 6C4 tubes in preamp and driver stage. This times it's very hard to find 12DW7 & 12BH7, even impossible in my country :/
Does anybody have the new schematics (with 2x12AX7+ 12AU7 in preamp and 12AX7 + 2x12AU7 in driver) or can just adjust the older schematics to use only 12AX7 & 12AU7 against DW7, BH7 and 6C4?

I'll be enjoyed with every help

--
Peace

SLM electronics had the factory schematics of some "newer" Ampeg and Crate models on their website about a year ago but now they seem to be all gone. I guess those companies are now trying to make profit with selling them. Anyway, you should check - even back then the link to those files was pretty "hidden". I have the schematics for SVT-CL with 12AX7 preamp tubes but I'm not sure whether it's legal to share them.

Edit:
The Ampeg website states:
"At this time Ampeg does not display schematics online. However, if you wish to obtain a physical copy of product schematics, please contact the LOUD Technologies Inc. Service Center at 1-800-898-3211."

sorry to resurrect such an old thread, did anybody ever finished the SVT?

I'd like to build the SVT preamp and then use it with a serious poweramp,,,

BTW I got some schem's if anybody is still interested,,, they're marked SLM Electronics so I guess they're original,,, still I didn't check for any error,,,

basstard said:
beautiful,,, do you have a schematic for your build mate?

I got the SLM ones but they're a bit too complicated for my being thick,,, :D

Sure, there is a schematic for that particular model I`ve built, just check for some schematic sites like schematicheaven, no problem ;).
I just built the preamp without the graphic equaliser (couldn`t figure out, how to cut the holes for vertical pots right to the font of my 2U rack:( ).

Thx ragnar.

Thing is on schematic heaven you get the 1972 version which may not be like the newer one [I still have to compare the two schems].

I'm not interested in a vintage sound at all, I play what some have called "percussion bass" so I really need a modern, slightly overdriven sound like say chris beattie of hatebreed or dd verni of overkill,,, don't know if you've ever heard them,,,

guess I'll need to brace myself and dig deep into those schems I got,,, they look quite complicated,,,

spirus, when I come back from work later today I'll send you the schems I got,,,

needless to say, anybody else in need of those schems just tell me and I'll mail them,,,

beatiful! thx ragnar, I got the exactly same schem,,, I also got the svt4pro schem [probably off of the same page, can't remember where I got it] I'll try and look for the differences between these two preamps,,,

I had the same prob with the graph eq on the Bogner XTC replica preamp, it doesn't have one but I wanted to throw one in,,, just had to ditch it for space issues [it's a 1 unit rack!] and I couldn't figure out how to cut the vertical holes for the sliders,,,

maybe one could cut a big square hole into the front panel then use plastic [easier to cut] or whatever for the graph eq panel and bolt it to the front into the square hole,,, I don't know if I made myself clear, I'm **** at explaining things in english,,,

spirus, I just sent you the schems,,, anyway, they're the same you can find on the link ragnar posted,,,

to Basstard: Yes, I understood right, but I won`t build that preamp to it anyway now :D because over the pots I placed manual switches for ultra Lo/Hi mode etc.

to Markus2006: well yes, no problem, I attached some links below, of course instead of (i guess) 5 possition midrange switch I justmade every even position, so I have 3 instead of 5, just the coil was a bit hard to make, because I had to wind it manualy :dead:.
I`ll see that few components like tube sockets are still missing, that`s because I made these photos in the middle of the work :cannotbe:.

http://thorssonamps.tym.sk/amps/mjolldjur/preamp.jpg
http://thorssonamps.tym.sk/amps/mjolldjur/pre-bottom-PCB.jpg
http://thorssonamps.tym.sk/amps/mjolldjur/guts.jpg

have mercy, don`t blame me for that finish :angel:.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.