Soundcraft Studio 24 Mixer problem - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd February 2007, 12:07 AM   #11
imix500 is offline imix500  United States
Proud Union Member
diyAudio Member

The UK built desks use different, higher quality, pots. Pretty sure they are ALPS, while the faders were either P&G or higher end ALPS.
Old 2nd February 2007, 12:13 AM   #12
diyAudio Moderator

Faders could have been Alps, but I'm fairly sure the ones I fixed used Sfernice P11 pots. Curious.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 2nd February 2007, 01:21 AM   #13
imix500 is offline imix500  United States
Proud Union Member
diyAudio Member

Hmm, I'll double check some spare strips tomorrow. I could be "mixing" brands.
Old 2nd February 2007, 01:41 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

I didn't read the complaint right. I thought it said there was no signal unless the control was turned up all the way. Long day and tired eyes.....sorry
Old 4th February 2007, 01:39 PM   #15
jazzbee is offline jazzbee  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Foxx510
I think what he is describing is that the channel needs to be "kick started" with a really high level to get the crook connection/component to come good, after which the channel is ok for a while.

Thats EXACTLY what I'm saying.

Everything else on the desk is perfect it's just the above, I have connected everything properly and all the volumes and other inputs work fine.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I will get the desk checked this week as I have been away for a while.

PS

I also have another desk Soundcraft Ghost 32 LE, one of the channels has a much lower output than all of the others, does anyone have any idea what the problem could be???
Old 6th February 2007, 09:52 PM   #16
GeorgK is offline GeorgK  Austria
diyAudio Member

Does that desk have channel insert jacks? Maybe their shorting contacts need some cleaning. If there are flat wire cables (Connector board or mixing bus) involved you should also check these, as they tend to develop contact problems between the wires and connectors after some time. You can determine this by slightly pushing and pulling the cable near the connectors. This is a typical problem for these connections - they work for a while after after being kickstarted with higher levels. Many people who own first revision Mackie 1604 Mixers have to face this, but there are lots of other brands too. I saw Focusrite, Allen&Heath etc. gear where only exchange of the ribbon cables (or soldering the wire directly to the terminals) helped.
peace
georg
Old 6th February 2007, 11:04 PM   #17
GeorgK is offline GeorgK  Austria
diyAudio Member

Regarding the Ghost: Sounds like an input problem, maybe one transistor of the differential stage. What about the level in PFL mode?
Old 12th February 2007, 10:21 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Hi georgK

On the studio 24 I'll have to check it out properly, I haven't had a chance as of yet

I didn't check the Ghost in different modes (it's in storage), will get that check next time I hook it up too.

Thanks to everyone who has given their input on this matter so far.
Old 19th February 2007, 09:18 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

OK,

I changed the input pots and a 10v 1000uf cap + 2 smaller 10v 100uf caps in the gain section (these are the only caps there) and Problem Solved

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice and much needed help with the Soundcraft Studio 24.

If anyone has a similar problem I hope that this thread helps.

Hide this!Advertise here!