Pyle PA Amps-Any Good?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
A friend bought a PA system from some people he was warned against,and they stuck him with a crummy Gemsound PA amp, which crapped out quickly.

As he had a gig coming up and needed a new amp and funds were limited, he got a Pyle PT2000 PA amp. I know that Pyle is not among the best names in PA amps, but he's just starting out and he gets a gig about once a month. So I figured the Pyle could tide him over until such time as he gets gigs more frequently, at which time he could get a QSC, Crown, or something like that.

The first job with the Pyle in a pretty large hall went flawlessly, and now he is in love with the it. However, I have received information that Pyle really is not that good a brand, the company is not what it used to be.

He's living on worker's compensation, (he blew his knee out working on a submarine), so money is definitely an issue. He has five days to return the Pyle to the store for a full refund. He has no gigs coming up in the next few weeks, so if the Pyle really is poor stuff likely to go bad on him in the next few jobs or so, he could with difficulty scrape up a few extra bucks for a better known amp.

My question is: does anybody have any experience with Pyle PA amps? How good or bad are they for occasional DJ use? There is no question he will get a better amp once he gets a lot more gigs, but until that time is it advisable to use the Pyle or should he think of getting a better amp immediately, even if scraping up the money is not that easy?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.