Fender Delux Reverb AB763

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am repairing an original Fender Delux Reverb AB763. (I bought it used in 1979 and it worked fine until two years ago). I put it away and forgot about it until a few weeks ago. One of the transformers ( I’m pretty sure it’s the main power transformer) has a tube socket in it that appears to fit the GZ34 rectifier tube. I don’t recall there ever being a tube there when the amp worked. Now that the amp doesn’t work, I am wondering if that tube socket means anything. Is there anyone with experience working on this amp? If so, what is the socket on the transformer for, if anything?

Also, the amp is dead in the water. My best guess is that the GZ34 is dead since nothing at all happens when the amp is plugged in and turned on except the filaments on the other tubes light up, so at least the heater circuit works. I tested the filament of the GZ34 and get continuity, but can’t test the tube more than that. Any easy way to test it? I haven’t found anyone nearby with a tube tester.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.