mp Project comments welcome

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My Plan is to gut this chassis (Zenith 5Z21) except the transformers and tubes and build a fender amp clone from scratch. Amp came out of a old Zenith Phonograph a mono one. Chassis has these tubes 2 6v6's a 6J5 a 12ax7 and a 5y3GT. From what I remember the 6v6's are the power tubes the 5y3 a rectifer and the 12ax7 a preamp tube. Any one know what the 6J5 was used for? Tubes are all Zenith so all orgional. Speakers were two Zenith 12's and two tweeters. It cranked pretty good for a old record player we played a record on it and it sounded clean. Gonna drain the power caps for safety reasons and this will be my winter project. Any one know how to get the tube layout chart off the cabinet with out wrecking it??? Been a while since I messed with any of this stuff, but years ago I took a Electronics repair course ( TV/radio what have you ect back in the 70's when tube stuff was still around so I have had some expirience just have not used it lately. I know my way around a pencil soldering iron still have a digital meter and with a chart handy can still remember how to read a resistor. Still its been a while may have to ask a question now and then. with the tube set up thinking about a Princeton clone any other ideas? Jim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.