Leslie 122XB schematic needed... - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st November 2006, 10:56 AM   #1
spirus is offline spirus  Greece
diyAudio Member

Default Leslie 122XB schematic needed...

For the first time in my life I encounter this odd wooden monster speaker box! I really can't make out how the primary of the power transformer gets fed... I can see where its cables go but I really get confused after a certain point....
I know it is a modern type of Leslie speaker as its pcb reads Hammond Suzuki USA 1996 but I still can't figure out how the hell the ac mains are connected to the primary of the transformer...
I can see the three cables from AC mains: Brown, Blue & Yellow/Blue translating to Live, Neutral & Ground. Then the GND is connected to the chassis... But the other two cables start a winding road through other pcbs and I can't keep up...
The other way round, from the transformer's primary I get 3 cables which are coloured: Orange, Blue & Yellow then all three end up to other pcbs through different connection points!!!
When I use my DVM I have 2 VAC present at Orange, Blue and Yellow cables so in no way can the primary produce the 400 VAC needed to drive the tubes and so on...
So I really need a schematic to get an idea as what, who & were are those cables going and what for...
Any help would be really appreciated....
I tried the 122, 122A and 122R schemos but those Leslies are different...
So I need the schemos for the 122XB which uses an 11 pinout...
Old 2nd November 2006, 10:24 AM   #2
spirus is offline spirus  Greece
diyAudio Member

Default more info...

I just read that this specific Leslie speaker has an on/off function generated by its footswitch.
Does this mean that it turns on and off the sound-in-motion effect, that is the motors turning round, or turns on and off the power supply?
I still haven't figured out the whole thing as the previous guy has done some more mending in the past which means he might have changed some things to his taste, as this was his taste concerning repairs...

After all, should I consider the schematics for a 10 year old equipment are more rare than 1970's Ampeg SVT schemos?

I feel I'm in deep **** though I'm quite certain the real problem is extremely easy to solve... If I can't clear my mind and think more carefully then I will not reach the solution...
Old 20th November 2006, 06:32 AM   #3
Vele is offline Vele  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Vele
Hammond manufactured two types of leslie speakers. One with only on/off switch, and others with on/off and slow/fast. 122 have two speeds, leslies.
Old 19th December 2006, 03:51 AM   #4
fmw63 is offline fmw63  United States
diyAudio Member

I have one, but it'll be a few days before I can get it scanned...

Frank
Old 18th June 2012, 01:37 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Leslie 122XB

I have a Leslie speaker 122Xb and find the upper horns very sharp.
One suggestion was to put cotton balls in the horns.
Any thoughts much appreciated.

Does anyone have a schematics for the Leslie 122XB?

Hammond Bill
Old 18th June 2012, 01:58 AM   #6
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Do the horns have a diffuser over the mouth? Can't remember which models used the horn diffusers, but many got removed to ill effect.
Old 18th June 2012, 02:10 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default 122xb

The 122Xb does have diffuser on the horns

Hide this!Advertise here!