3-conductor wire humbucker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, I recently refinished my takamine gx-100t in sherwood green, and it looks great, I replaced the bridge pup with a Bill Lawrence L500 XL, and I planned on reusing the neck pup. My problem is that I didnt forsee having a problem re-wiring it so I didnt take any pics...there are 3 lead wires...an unshielded wire within the main shield, and a white and red one...but I cant find anywhere online what the proper wiring for this is, does anyone have any ideas?
thanks

Iv'e seen this before in a dew older humbuckers, It has both coils wired in series and center tapped, center tap is the unshielded wire.you can figure out which of the other wires goes to which half pretty easily aswell.. wire one half into an amp and simply tap the top set of poles and then the bottom set with something metal, the one that makes a tapping sound in the speaker is the one you wired up.. probably not the most scientific way to do it but it has worked fine for me in the past, just make sure the amp isnt turned up too loud..lol.
Owen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.