Guitar Amp Plans

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, Im looking for designs of a practice guitar amp for my room.

Im thinking of having it fairly small for saftey (<70W ?)

Dose anybody know where i can get some plans?

I have some electronics experiance but not to much.

Thanks

BTW ive tryed searching.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
lliw said:
Thanks guys,

Greg how much do you think it would cost to make the one you posted? (100W Guitar Amplifier Mk II)

I'm not sure of exact costs but Rod does have a built and tested amp for $145. You would have to add a transformer, rectifier, filter caps plus a case and heatsink and a few odds and sods. The Jaycar stuff shoud do the job, but I personally buy toriods from Harbuch.

regards

Nigel Goodwin said:
What sounds wrong with it?, it's a practice amp! - if you massively over-drive it you're not going to get good sound. All those I've heard sound perfectly fine for home practice, and have headphone sockets so you don't disturb family and neighbours.

Perhaps you better be more specific what you're wanting to do?.

I like to play mostly metallica etc and distrotion sounds like rubbish compared to my mates amps which sound great with distortion, yea my amp sounds pretty good just clean,

I dont get that crisp distortion sound, its more like a fuzzy sound.

lliw said:

I like to play mostly metallica etc and distrotion sounds like rubbish compared to my mates amps which sound great with distortion, yea my amp sounds pretty good just clean,

I dont get that crisp distortion sound, its more like a fuzzy sound.

If you're wanting that 'heavy metal' distortion, I suggest you build (or buy) a valve amp - a 'real' one, not just a transistor amp with a single valve thrown in.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.