Would this work ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Could someone look this over for me ?

I've never done any circuit design, this is basically a copy-paste job from various sources on the Net.

I'm wondering whether this will work or not.

What I'm looking for is a unity gain mixer able to sum some signals in my guitar amp's FX loop.

Basically I wan't to split the guitar signal into the Amp input and into the "Shimmer" input (will this method work, or is there a better way of doing this ?),

then add the FX-Loop-Send signal to the "Shimmer"-Return signal and mix that into a Looper.

Finally take the Looper Return signal, mix that with the "Shimmer"-path (paralell with the previous chain) and feed the Amp's FX Loop Return

So could anyone look over my schematic and let me know if they see any problems,

cheers
LPS91

Attachments

• ampfxloopmixerschematicr0.gif
    ampfxloopmixerschematicr0.gif
    24.1 KB · Views: 216
from a brief look - yes it would work but it is not ideal..

you should have a buffer for the raw guitar signal before splitting it up, and you have two buffer sections on each channel, you only need one!

or maybe im missing something, why would you need those two section with the slightly different cap in the feedback path in each? more roll off? you could always put a shunt cap on the input to get the same effect

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.