DIY reverb?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I can say that I've finally done something that everyone's grandparents have bragged about: Fixing a messed up amplifier with superglue and rubber bands. (It turned out that one of the connectors was backwards on the reverb pickup; I also added a small bit of rubber as a damper to the reverb coils). Lo and Behold, it worked perfectly.

However, I was curious: How could I go about building something that worked in a similar fashion to a spring reverb in a guitar amp? I'm still working on an electric didgeridoo, and would like to use one to have a didgeridoo's audio output modulate a tone (or set of tones).

i think you could make a spring reverb pretty easy with maybe a solenoid or speaker coiil attached to the spring at one end and another coil at the other end.

possibly if there is a acoustic part of the digeridoo the vibrations would be enough to get the spring moving, so you could just have a pickup on the spring.

neutron7 said:
i think you could make a spring reverb pretty easy with maybe a solenoid or speaker coiil attached to the spring at one end and another coil at the other end.

possibly if there is a acoustic part of the digeridoo the vibrations would be enough to get the spring moving, so you could just have a pickup on the spring.

I was hoping to use the didgeridoo to generate vibrations in the coil, and to put a tone (or set therof) through it, much like a guitar amplifer. By pushing buttons on the side, it would be possible to vary the tone; by varying how you blew into the didgeridoo, you could alter how the tones were produced. Hopefully, it will also be compatible with a standard guitar amplifier, so that all the funky controls found on them can also be used. (It also makes adding fuzz much easier.)

An added bonus of coil reverbs? Stick an electromagnet next to it, and you have an electronically controlled "wah".

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.