Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th February 2006, 08:23 PM   #11
9am53 is offline 9am53  Canada
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to 9am53
well, I wasnt planning on spending "real money" since I dont have any and actually the electronics and hardware (ie bridge etc) are included, I just didnt send all the pics... thanks though
Old 12th February 2006, 08:37 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

haha, thanks Bobken...I went for a coffee break during reading that! I think I had the rudimentary idea right, but you "filled in the cracks" (sorry, I had to get you back!) fro me. From what I can see the hole for the bridge goes all the way through, so should I make a nice rectangular route on the top that goes around the "hole" but doesnt go all the way through? and then fill the back in after? that way I get maximum adhesion and contact? is this correct?
Old 12th February 2006, 10:26 PM   #13
Bobken is offline Bobken  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi,

You will really need to get the guitar in your hands before making any final decisions over the best method of routing here.

This is why I earlier asked for some more pics, as it looks to me as though the big rout in the front does not go through for the entire 'footprint' of this rout. It looks as if only the upper part goes right thro' and there is a part-way down shelf at the bottom of this front routing showing on the pic of the front.

If this is so, it will be better to do things the way I just suggested, and finish off the back as a secondary job, exactly as you say now.

I think it will appear much more obvious to you when (if?) you have the damaged unit in front of you.

You certainly did have "the idea right", but having done this kind of thing myself many times before, I hoped these specific suggestions will save you some time in experimentation, and avoid any wrong routes being taken.

I am sure you will succeed if you end up purchasing the guitar, and if as I said before (and as Al has just reiterated) you get it at the right price.
Old 12th February 2006, 11:31 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

thanks a lot gentlemen, I will hopefully get the unit...after emailing with the owner several times the guitar seems to be perfect for what I want it for...barely used, with the only blemish being the one I need to repair which wil be both fun and educational-ultimately yielding a nice sorta almost new guitar that I couldnt afford otherwise...when/if I do get it I will return to this thread and add more pictures...thanks

Hide this!Advertise here!