Hi.I;m new here :) - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th February 2006, 01:50 PM   #11
pinky78 is offline pinky78  Macedonia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to pinky78 Send a message via MSN to pinky78 Send a message via Yahoo to pinky78
I have onboard sound card on my PC.Can I use my PC as a sempler (It doesn't have midi on it) or should I buy a sound card?There is some serial port on the drum that Admir designed.Can I plug that in my PC somehow?
Like I understood so far I can use anything for pads as long as it sends vibrations to the piezo, right?
B.T.W. When I plug the drum in my PC , then what?Should I have some program or?Like some plug in for FL studio or reason or...?
Sorry but I really don't undersatand very much of this stuff
Old 27th February 2006, 09:10 PM   #12
Optical is offline Optical  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

onboard soundcards are useless, get soemthing cheap like a creative live or audigy. it will need to have ASIO support. I wouldnt bother with the serial input. definatly get a card with midi

FL studio has a drum sampler that will do the trick. otherwise use NI battery. battery is what i use. arguably the best drum sampler for this sort of thing.

when you have built the edrum brain, the midi out from it will plug into the soundcard midi in, then the drum sampler (battery) will be triggered by it, then the soundcard will spit out the sample. simple.
Old 28th February 2006, 02:55 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to pinky78 Send a message via MSN to pinky78 Send a message via Yahoo to pinky78
ASIO? What's that?
Old 28th February 2006, 07:52 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Its something decent quality soundcards have.
it gives you low latency audio processing which is essential for doing stuff in real time

a standard soundcard wont be powerful enough to recieve the midi data and output a sound without introducing a noticable delay.

unless you use ASIO4ALL, but individual results tends to vary.
Old 1st March 2006, 02:20 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

is the delay big if I use midi?The pads: Can they be made from rubber?Will they work good if they are made of rubber?What material is used in the original pads ?
Old 8th March 2006, 09:40 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Default pls reply :)

Hi there.Where were you?
Can you answer my last question?
B.T.W. can you mail me pics of your e drum?
Soon I'm gonna start building mine
Old 9th March 2006, 12:14 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

like i have said, the delay depends on the soundcard, if it is a good one with ASIO drivers then the delay (latency) can be as low as 2ms. i have found that over 10ms becomes noticible and annoying

the piezos need to be glued to somthing solid so all the hit energy is absorbed. you can put a layer of rubber over the hard surface to make the stick bouce and also deaden the sound

there are plenty of pics on the edrum website, along with all teh answers to your questions! like i have said, read everything on there and you will figure it out. good luck!

Hide this!Advertise here!