I want to build my own ALL TUBE bass amplifier - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd November 2005, 06:57 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to juicy1484
Default I want to build my own ALL TUBE bass amplifier

I want to build my own powerfull (100-ish watt) ALL TUBE bass amplifier (tube preamp and tube power amp). I don't even know where to start! I have no experience with building anything like this at all, but I do know a couple people who could help me to some degree (reading schematics, parts, soldering)...but i need some more info to give them (more than, "oh, i want to build a bass amp).

Is my project reasonable? For someone with my experience...or lack of experience?

Any Insight? Suggestions? Instruction? Info on cost? Instructions?

Have you tried this? How did it go?
Old 2nd November 2005, 07:15 AM   #2
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Doing a high power tube amp as a first project is not a likely path to success and could actually be dangerous.

Start simple, with low-level circuits like preamps, equalizers, or effects, move on to simple low-powered tube amps, then when you've got 6 or 7 projects under your belt, you'll be ready to try something more challenging.

Hide this!Advertise here!