HEEELP, iI need a Schematic for a crate amp GX65 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th June 2005, 07:22 AM   #1
maicol is offline maicol  Mexico
diyAudio Member

Talking HEEELP, iI need a Schematic for a crate amp GX65

I have a broken Crate GX 65 amplifier. I want to repair it but i don't have a clue how to start to doing so. As I am an Electronic Engineer, I donŽt have problems with technical slang.

Can anyone help me with the circuit?. Any Tips to how to start to repair my amplifier?. I want to repair the main Transistors, but before I do it, I want an expert opinion. I have readed in another thread for some tips, IŽm working now on them.

Im grateful with any help, thanx

Maicol
Mexico
Old 19th June 2005, 07:52 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Crate repair

To get the schematic, FAX SLM @314-727-8929 and mark it attention: service dept. Do not call them; they hate that. The only thing that I have seen put one of these little Crates down is a bad jackswitch and blown output transistors. Neither one is very hard to fix. You were not specific about the problem so that is all I can do, for now.
Old 19th June 2005, 09:32 PM   #3
maicol is offline maicol  Mexico
diyAudio Member

Thanx doctor

IŽll describe my problem. When I turn on my amplifier it only produces a buzzing sound and it doesnŽt respond to any input signal. I think the problem is, as you say, blown output trasnsitors. I will replace them today. IŽve found one short-circuited diode (D17), iŽll replace it too. I hope that fix my amplifier.

I have a question, how i know if the thermal fuse built in the main transformer is not blown?

ThereŽs a problem. I canŽt fax from Mexico, but iŽll try to get the schematic from internet.

Thank you
Maicol
Old 20th June 2005, 03:54 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Crate repair

If you still experience lack of output, clean the headphone jack switch and the effects loop jack swithes and the external speaker jack switch, if this amp has any of these. They are a VERY common source of problems.

Hide this!Advertise here!