Effects Pedals - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th June 2004, 02:44 PM   #1
Petrix is offline Petrix  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Effects Pedals

For a summer project, I would very much like to try to make a SIMPLE guitar effect pedal. Possibly something like a Fuzz, or some sort of boost or microamp.

Can anyone suggest how to go about this, where i could find a tutorial and other useful informtion, i would very much appreciate it.

Thankyou

Peter

(By the way, I'm new to this forum, so Hello everyone)
Old 13th June 2004, 07:06 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Devil_H@ck Send a message via AIM to Devil_H@ck Send a message via MSN to Devil_H@ck
Here are lots and lots of them: http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/v2/

I made about 4-5 effects, but not from that site and none of them worked . Then again, when I made them I knew nothing about electronics at all and I probably made some stupid mistakes. I might try again one day .
Old 13th June 2004, 07:14 PM   #3
Petrix is offline Petrix  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Thankyo, I'll take a look.
Old 13th June 2004, 09:41 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Google for 'proco rat schematic' .. simple circuit.. be very usefull as a good guitar FX pedal, highly reccomended....
Old 14th June 2004, 02:23 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to guitargully
that generalguitargadgets site cant be beat.. you can even order PCBs for most of the projects.. follow the part placement diagrams and viola.. I made some of those and they work great(try the Red FuzZ..quite easy, and sounds sweet) I asked to order a PCB he didnt list and he made one for me.. nice guy.
Old 14th June 2004, 01:49 PM   #6
benny is offline benny  Australia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to benny
I will also chip in here for that general guitar gadgets site.

this is how i got my start in electronics. electronics was something i wanted to get into, and i thought, well, i play guitar, and pedals run off 9V batterys... what a safe way to get a start!!! i made some octave/fuzz pedal... and it worked!!!! i was happy, and have been making electronics projects ever since, although these days i've moved into the world of vacuum tubes, where the voltages can bite if you're not careful.... but that's what i love about pedals, you can be care free as they don't bite!!! (unless you dropped the metal case on your little toe while on concrete ground as i did... needless to say i found it hard to walk around for a little while after... my little toe just about became my big toe... and it really hurt!)

hope you do well. the stuff on general guitar gadgets is pretty much foolproof, and spells everything out pretty clearly, especially if you use a PCB... i did mine point to point, so it was a little more tedious.

you might want to find a couple of articles on the internet about identifying components and values though if you're new to this... also, find data sheets for any transistors you use which will give which leads are your colector/emiter/base... this is important... wire in the wrong way, and it won't work...

later

later
Old 19th October 2004, 01:40 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to autopilot
i've done some guitar pedals

4ms phaseur fleur and tremulus lune
Click the image to open in full size.

the pcbs

4ms phaseur fleur

4ms duo distortion
Old 20th October 2004, 12:23 PM   #8
amz-fx is offline amz-fx  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
that generalguitargadgets site cant be beat..
Several of the GenGuitGadgets items are for my original designs that can be found at http://www.muzique.com/ so you might want to look at the full articles I have posted. There are some other free projects available at my site as well. Enjoy!

regards, Jack
Old 12th November 2004, 01:54 PM   #9
Account Disabled

Does anyone try to copy the PCBs of the GenGuitGadgets?
I'd like to make them to a local PCB industry.
Old 13th November 2004, 07:22 AM   #10
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

There is also a whole section devoted to effects over at www.ampage.org Sorry, I don't know how to make that a link. Ampage is a site devoted to do it yourself amp and effect builders.

Oh, it made itself a link. I am old school.

Hide this!Advertise here!