cabinet technical drawings...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
Sorry for the delay,but my system crashed and I had to work on it...:smash:
Please consider building a clone of an Epifani T410 cab.Aside of the classic Marshall,Peavey etc.designs,the Epi's are the best sounding bass cabs I ever heard.I build myself the T115 cab and comparing it to the original (wich I had the honour to play once),the differences are less than minimal.
Here's a pic of the 410:

Attachments

• t410.gif
    t410.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 303
There are some details to look for when you make the cab:
1.Pay attention at the internal reinforcement of the cab,as shown in the second drawing.This is of the utmost importance in preventing the front pannel and the walls to vibrate.
2.Buy the best plywood you can afford for the cab (DON'T use MDF!!!).
Birch or cherry 5-to-8 layers plywood will do the job (it has to be 18 mm thick,not thinner).
3.Don't get cheap on glue...even if the cab is bass-reflex,the joints MUST be sealed like an aquarium.
4.Use the best drivers you can afford (personally,I'd reccomend Eminence Kappa's).The hi-freq.horn,as seen on the original cab,is optional.
....but if you play slap,it's a must!
In this case,use a soft-dome tweeter WITH horn and don't forget to couple it via a hi-pass 3rd order crossover with a cutoff freq.at 2,3 KHz.
Good luck!
Regards,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.