bass guitar frequency range - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th November 2012, 04:24 PM   #101
diyAudio Member

unless it is a fretless with flatwounds i completely agree... for a modern unnatural sound i boost the mids in the 300 to 440 range... almost to smooth distortion.......... some "bark" with the bridge pickup.... or cut the mids use both pickups and boost bass and highs for slap pop lol i play bass too!!!
Old 31st July 2014, 02:08 PM   #102
uli is offline uli  Austria
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
As someone whom has owned 3 Alembic basses, two Series 1, you are incorrect in your description of how the tone control on an Alembic works. I've also built clones of this circuit to put in other instruments. PA is correct in his description.
both is correct, as Alembic puts in pretty much anything you want to pay. Series I and II are equipped with lo pass filters, one per pickup with adjustable cutoff and switchable (Series I) or variable (Series II) Q whereas most of the more modestly priced models offer Standard hi and lo filtering

'Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny' F.Zappa
Old 31st July 2014, 03:06 PM   #103
diyAudio Member

Hi, about all this tone vs freq, there's a easy way to get it own opinion. Just go on youtube, find a bass video of wich you like the tone, and download it with for example Convertisseur YouTube vers mp3, so just try to eq at different frequencies for example with audacity. Personally, i was very surprised how the 6khz range was sensible, change the global tone

Hide this!Advertise here!