making an ssl compressor or eq - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th February 2004, 08:28 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up making an ssl compressor or eq

hi, i have access to an ssl wiring diagram to an old ssl (around 1980 cant remember model no. will look though). reading through it i notices how simple the eq's, compressors and virtually all of it was (i suppose because its so old), i love the sound of the ssl's compressors and eq's but cant really afford the 70000 price tag of a second hand desk, i was wondering if anyone was interested in helping me design a circuit, i know quite alot about electronics and built quite a few things in the past but i dont think ive got the time to do it all by myself, if you are interested ill try and copy some of the relevent pages out of the manual, im not after making the whole desk (although it would be brilliant if i could) but just making some eq strips and compressor strips to put in a rack. joe
Old 28th February 2004, 06:36 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default SSL Clones

There are Web forums which feature DIY (or clones) of famous items of Pro Audio gear.
Have a look at:

http://www.recording.org/cgi-local/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

Go to the "Tech Talk" section and have a look - you will find like minded souls who have designed (or copied) PCB's and organised bulk buys for the various components required.
Old 29th February 2004, 02:50 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

yeah your right, theres loads of stuff on there, thanks

Hide this!Advertise here!