pig nose

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i was look at the little cigarette pack schematics on a site.they are cool to. the guy at the music store had it hook to a 2-12 cab,thats just wild.thats what made me think about it.a freind of mine had a pig nose and they had some much to offer from such a small amp.
i think that they were designed in the 60`sor70`s.you how things go it can be better.you know small little amp hook it on your stap,jump on the riding mower and jam while you cut the yard.thats could be 4 hours of practice time for me(to much yard).

I could see myself building another portable chip amp eventually. If doing so, I would just use one of the smaller LM's that can run off of a lower voltage, really just the contemporary replacement for the LM383, and then build something like Rod Elliot describes:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I would use D cells. A 9V cell really needs a discrete design to get reasonable battery life.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.