help with my new Lowrey MX-1 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th August 2015, 12:14 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default help with my new Lowrey MX-1

hi!

im new here, so please move this to another section if needed!

I recently got a free MX-1 off craigslist. The main issue is there isnt any sound from the machine. I also have noticed that it doesnt properly do the "light show" its supposed to when turned on, as well as the BPM LCD screen doesnt light up. if i plug in an external input - it makes sound just fine, so it must be something with its computer? Ive opened the entire thing up and everything seems plugged in just fine, and i didnt notice any blown fuses. is there anything else i could try to get it to work? I noticed that one time while turning it on, I held a key down and it made the organ work, yet the note was held forever, and i couldnt change the key...interesting!

Thanks guys!
Old 9th August 2015, 04:48 AM   #2
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

Try reinitializing the unit.

Otherwise, with symptoms like that I start by verifying all powr supplies are present, up to voltage, and reaching all the subsections.
Old 9th August 2015, 04:46 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the info! I've downloaded the manual, yet I can't seem to find a way to re initialize it. Do you have any tips on that procedure? Thanks!
Old 10th August 2015, 02:13 AM   #4
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

No, I am not familiar with it. reinitialize is just the formal term for "restore factory settings". Anything with alterable and storable settings will have an internal memory, which can be corrupted. Resetting it can solve many problems. if your machine does not have such memory, then my idea is moot.

Hide this!Advertise here!