Acetone organ distorted output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
just spend the afternoon tickling an old Acetone(Hammond X5) back to life but i'm left with a distorted output and no volume/expression pedal i'm hoping someone can help point the way...

i've done the sundrie list of switch and control cleaning and voltage checks but nothing's out of the ordinary :(

No problem. I should have said something about the link bringing you to the middle of the 147's page and there is lots of info above as well. Here's a link to the service manual for the X5. I'm not sure if what you need is in there as some of Hammond's manuals were more complete than others but this one looks pretty thorough, 114 pages. The PDF version seems to be the best: https://archive.org/details/X5OwnersManual

Last edited:
it seems the X5 pdf that's found on many sites is an incomplete document it's missing most of the lower pedal assembly info.
would anyone know or have a full copy available?
i'm trying to confirm how the expression pedal in the lower portion is linked to the upper keyboard (how it's pinned and in which cable. there is two,but the Acetone may be different than the Hammond)

Post request #8 over on Hammond forum of organforum.com. There are not a lot of X5 users but there are a couple of retired servicemen that look over the traffic. One is quite generous with scans and the other sells his inventory at what I think are reasonable rates for original documents (not copies).
You could alternately post on combo organs forum of organforum.com, which attacts a different crowd, one that might actually be playing one of these. These guys tend to be more touring musicians than tonewheel organ restorers/hobbiests.
Beware less you post threads in both places. If you do Admin will consolidate them and send your thread to the outer darkness with wailing and gnashing of teeth. Professional relations or some such dark hole of a forum.

Last edited:
well replacement tubes and some caps should solve the distortion troubles with the leslie.
but now i'm trying to get info on the expression (volume) pedal.
would anyone around here know the LDR spec's or know of possible sub's seems the darn thing is the equivalent of a 42 ohm resistor (no change with light intensity)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.