Fender Bassman AA864 build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Audiofreak you are too drunk on tone! I have to wait until Sunday to hear my son's Les Paul through mine. You're killing me! :)

Oh I know man, can't help it...80s Siemens MKP just came in.. I'm throwing them Right the F now Oh my haha, Ditch some unknown M150 Knock offs haha
Like so insane getting all these wild Sounds haha, I have Lost it man 911 haha

Last edited:
You aren't bashing, just experimenting and refining.

I can't tell what you have from the video, but it looks like a good platform for experimentation.

My son idolizes Duane Allman (plays a Les Paul, slide, dobro); when thinking about an amp he describes the tone in his head as a "growly scream."

We'll see!

You aren't bashing, just experimenting and refining.

I can't tell what you have from the video, but it looks like a good platform for experimentation.

My son idolizes Duane Allman (plays a Les Paul, slide, dobro); when thinking about an amp he describes the tone in his head as a "growly scream."

We'll see!

One of the Crate Stealth's haha, 6l6s in that time/ Phillips/GE 12AX7s etc/ 50w Marshall iron etc haha, Perfect for that Hacking up/experimenting thing haha,
Combination of I and probably previous owner blew up Stock OPT haha

Last edited:
older JS1000 etc its still Rocking haha, man them new Iron Label Ibanez look so Sick, would like to have a 7/8 string.
JS1000 got at GC and I don't know was trying out bunch of guitars they were recommending etc been a minute..hard to remember, but I remember you know that feeling when you pickup that one that feels just right you know etc it was over after that xD

Last edited:
Might of put in some even worse of some Input/Death Cap's haha, I don't know some damn questionable ceramic's of course... and damn right middle socket something going on, connection issue red-plated the **** out of that poor sylvania 6l6 this is just great...tear apart yet again haha...back to blowing **** up/meltdowns haha, all new Belton Sockets would do some damn good, heat/oxidation/age is real bad...

Last edited:
Dude, looks like you pulled an all-nighter :)

Yeah xD, all good now, definitely not the Death Caps, Contact cleaner/set sockets etc good to go etc...Something really Weird about the the MKP then...on presence and PI grid etc, bass pots etc...it sounds waay bigger than the wima's I had but like still really fuzzy like that. I don't know about them...kinda thinking whatever M150 types I have are a good bit smoother/clear. Sure add some cool Hair/Shred sounds though xD

Last edited:
Picked em up off ebay..good deal etc...Blue B32650 nothing on the sides and the A6 on top.. unless its new stuff I don't know. Just know I definitely Like them more than wima MKS/MKP...
With Wima it was all about them old Black Boxes they say. Yeah Give me some I'm not paying those crazy Prices to Find out haha

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.