Help preamp 3band

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings friends! I built this preamp. but is distorting a bit. Used RG1 = RG2 = 10k and 1M. I do not have good knowledge in electronics, but I thank anyone who can help me with this. I thank all :)

Attachments

• nettttttttttttttttttttt.gif
    nettttttttttttttttttttt.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 97
I would move your boost switch to the other side of Rg2b. (and use twisted pair wire to connect to it) (hope you have a metal box to put the whole circuit in)

Is your output jack actually wired like that? Usually it is the tip connection that connects the signal.

( Vg = 2 : 6dB )

TL072 can only swing within 1.5-2V of rail.

Try two 9V batteries for a 18V supply ( +/- 9V ) and see if it works better. (TL072 is OK for +/-18V)

Happy playing.

:)

The schematic shows the output jack wired incorrectly, the battery is shown connected to the jack tip and the signal goes to the ring, it should be the other way around.
Whoops, I didn't see DUG's comment before I posted. Another thing I just noticed, the output stage shows a 10k resistor from output to inverting input that is unnecessary, I'd leave it out and use a direct connection.

Mike

Last edited:
Hello friends. Actually I wanted only the middle stage. I have the first schematic, one preamp that I like. Low and High, low distortion. I could put the middle stage after him? I scored in the middle diagram. Is this correct? How could it be done or what could be changed? Very grateful for all the help so far! :)

net 1.GIF

net2.JPG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.