Old Intercom guitar amp project - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th March 2014, 03:17 PM   #31
diyAudio Member

Update: Have to give up on the added 9-pin 12AU7...got the gain I wanted, but can't use the other 1/2 as a tremelo osc (mu too low), and didn't want to go the hi/lo mu dual triode route. So have a little chip tremelo I built (using the Weber circuit with some tweaks), and will replace the 12AU7 with a 12AT6 (to keep all the tubes 7-pin). Wanted to play with a little SS tremolo, as a future add-on to any amp. I like it! Doesn't affect the "tube sound", and is way flexible, and power reqm'ts are miniscule.... Will keep the little 4" spkr that fits inside the case, with a 1/4"jack that allows a bigger cab, so the amp can flex it's tiny but mighty 4.3W of plate dissipation muscle!. Be my smallest tube amp build to date.
Old 4th March 2014, 05:53 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

very cool. Looks can be deceiving, plug in an external speaker and let her rip ;-)
Old 26th March 2014, 04:27 AM   #33
diyAudio Member

Update - Been playing with tremelo circuits, and just got the 12AT6 from UPS, to replace a 12AU7 I had added (for more gain). All 7-pin tubes now, getting 4.6W plate diss, but over driven to fuzzy, so will back it down to clean, and add the SS tremelo PCB. Almost done!
Old 4th April 2014, 07:02 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

Default FINAL: My Masco amp "stack"!

Finally done with this little intercom project! Added a 12AT6, getting 4.3W plate diss, has a matching "cab" with a 4" spkr (but can push a 12"), Weber SS vibrato board (variable speed knob up front, fixed intensity). Do they have contests for "weirdest" amp builds? Would this get maybe an honorable mention? Well, this is as small a build as I want to do (my first was a champ clone in a Squire cab), and I want to go BIG now (always liked that Sun Coliseum bass amp...). Will keep you all posted, and THANKS for all the help and ideas!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MINI STACK 02s.jpg (616.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg CHASSIS FINALs.jpg (237.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg CHASSIS REAR.jpg (31.2 KB, 13 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!