Entirely DIY Guitar Amp Build Log - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st January 2014, 01:31 PM   #21
kuroguy is offline kuroguy  United States
diyAudio Member

here's a picture showing the side of the chassis. I relly like this method of scratch building a chassis.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1437.jpg (732.4 KB, 190 views)
Old 21st January 2014, 10:47 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

that is one industrial wait chassis man, looks good tho
Old 21st January 2014, 11:48 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

The top is 0.1" thick plate and the front is 1/8" bar. I build them to last and 0.1" is thick enough to tap threads into. The wood was scrap. The thing is, i've only got about $7 of material in it.
Old 22nd January 2014, 06:41 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Really nice build.

Forgive my ignorance, do you just rub the crayon over the lettering the sand back?
Old 22nd January 2014, 07:49 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

that works but your fingers will get tired. i hit the back with a propane torch for about 5 seconds to heat it up a bit and the crayon goes on easily and rubs right off with a cotton rag. it also mkes the letters look better because the torch takes the porosity out of the crayon.
Old 23rd January 2014, 02:55 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

5 weeks after ordering the tube sockets on ebay and i get an email telling me they were returned to the vendor in china and can't be shipped for 3 weeks because they are on holiday there. I ordered them locally this time and hopefully I'll be building this amp early next week.
Old 23rd January 2014, 04:47 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the tip!

I'll hopefully try it out soon.
Old 24th January 2014, 10:08 AM   #28
Hallmar is offline Hallmar  Iceland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenup2278 View Post
Very nicely done Totally opposite to my creations
Looks like something that Tom Waits would use.

I like it.

Very gritty.
Old 16th February 2014, 08:11 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Due to a screw-up on my brother's part, wherein he measured a 12" speaker and reported it as a 10" speaker i now have a 10" enclosure to go with this amp. The new 10" driver arrives tomorrow. The transformers for the amp should ship this week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (541.9 KB, 97 views)
Old 19th February 2014, 04:15 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

finished the speaker enclosure. really wishing the transformers would ship already.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1496.jpg (799.4 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1497.jpg (604.7 KB, 76 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!