Foot Switches

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello again.

I just got a Crate 150w 2 channel amp. It has a place for a foot switch to change it from channel A to B. Yea, you can buy a switch for 20 bucks, but what's inside one? Is there a cheaper DIY way of building one? One more thing.. I also recently got a BOSS (tm) Mega Distortion 2 (tm) effects foot switch. It sounds awsome.. that is until you turn the amp up and get a LOT of feedback.. It helps if you turn the distortion/tone/gain/level down,(on the pedal) but then it doesnt sound as cool. Is there any way to filter out the feedback?:confused: :eguitar:

Hello,

Usually the footswitch is just an spst switch that shorts out the tip and sleeve of the 1/4" jack at the end of the cord. Try plugging in a normal guitar cord to the footswitch input and make a connection between the tip and sleeve at the other end with a wire/coin/tongue/whatever and see if the channel changes. This can give you an idea of what type of switching it needs.

As for the other problem, it is far beyond my comprehension why anybody would want to get rid of guitar feedback. But the only way to do it would be to either move the amp and/or yourself around the room to find a feedback-free combo, or to lower the volume of the amp. Theres just no other way.

-Chris

hmmm i got it used from a guy that got it used from another guy.. it's seen some hours! On the back I think there's a thing that says "Model # G1500"... i think that's the right number. It's 150w at 4ohms with a 2ohm minimum. Although it's old, I recovered it with some black vinyl and cleaned it all up and it looks brand new (sounds good to). All i need is like 4 knobs.. they got lost somewhere along the way. BTW: I got a Marshall cab.. 120w max.. o well- at least it's a bit newer than the head. Happy playing!

Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.