strange preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What type of preamp is this? I have never seen one wired quite like this. Its from a Baldwin organ amp I plan to convert for guitar use.

Attachments

• Baldwin pre.JPG
    Baldwin pre.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 161
It is point to point not a PCB. I do now see another wire from the second cathode, It goes to a cap then on to a socket for an external speaker cabinet. I didn't notice it before, it is quite cramped in there. Now it makes sense, thank you for pointing that out.

Attachments

• Baldwim2.JPG
    Baldwim2.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 127
I Now it makes sense, thank you for pointing that out.

I've drawn a LOT of circuits out over many years - if it doesn't make sense it's almost always because you made an error :D

In this case it didn't help the actual way you had drawn it (I usually draw it out roughly, and then rearrange it to be in a normal configuration), but it was a standard looking circuit IF there was a connection to the second cathode, and no reason for the second triode if there wasn't any connection.

The thing with drawing circuits out is you really need to know what it's going to look like before you start :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.