SVT project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It looks like I just picked up a really really rough blackline SVT with toggle power and standby switches for $400, missing the steel plate that goes around the driver & phase splitter, missing two output tubes, one wrong output tube, don't know about the preamp tubes (correct ones should have different mu on each internal triode), missing front grillecloth plate and missing rear perf-metal cover and missing the fan. Missing the logo. It's pretty freakin' beat. It's pretty freakin' sweet.

This one is worth a lot if I just do a restoration. But I'll probably make a taller head cabinet to seperate the lower powersupply/poweramp chassis farther from the upper preamp chassis, and add an angled plate between the two, (and maybe a reflector plate behind the power tubes) so the preamp is farther from the transformers and better isolated, and each chassis has its own convection fresh air supply, so the fan can be optional on a thermal switch.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.