Low wattage power amp for preamp. - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th February 2013, 03:44 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Yeah I know how it sounded that one time, for the few minutes I played through it. I didn't have time to really play around, and it's still partially unfinished. I'm waiting on a bigger enclosure from Par-Metal because the transformer ended up being too large. I've only heard that preamp recorded through a 90 watt simul-class power section so I have no point of reference for how much the sound is being colored by the champ's preamp.

Would it be possible to have an input in front of the tone stack for cleans, and then one in front of the power section for the IIc+ dirt? Is it as simple as soldering in a jack some where or would there be more modifications required?
Old 23rd December 2013, 12:19 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Default ACA

I am using Amp camp amp as my guitar power amplifier for home use. It sounds pretty good. Subjectively it doesn´t react to playing as fast as my all tube amp, but this is not an issue for me.

But I think it definately needs presence control. How can it be implemented in the feedback loop?

Hide this!Advertise here!