Possible Bias issue?? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th November 2012, 05:06 AM   #11
Banned

I can do it man Almost killed myself already(filter caps discharging through my arm) I'm not trying to do it again there is some bleeder resisters 2 by the main filter caps both are 56k 2watt so it bled some power already and no I'm not doing the old school screw driver discharging technique, grounding them out to the chassis etc good way to blow up something else and weld that damn bastard to the chassis rofl I'm gonna play it safe rig up a jumper with a resistor that will be more than capable and go to ground etc, a few of them resistors look old or got hot etc so I'll see what I find. I already went through hell and back with ******** techs that try to ripp you off, so to hell with them that's why I started doing this **** myself.
Old 7th November 2012, 05:12 AM   #12
Banned

all the caps look good but that doesn't mean much I know but like I said I have a bunch and **** load of spare resistors, I'm worried more about them old looking resistors and maybe check the ICs while I'm at it just check everything and replace damn near anything I can lol it needs it for sure the quality of caps in the stealth isn't exactly that good lol
Old 7th November 2012, 05:16 AM   #13
Banned

Here is the Schematic give me your opinion on it etc
its mod city man lots of things I would like to try lol
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GT-50H,_50_Schematics.pdf (835.0 KB, 14 views)
Old 8th November 2012, 03:19 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

jr
where are your "old looking" resistors can you still see board designations ( R # ?)

p.s.: saw your "you tube" vid
Old 8th November 2012, 06:42 AM   #15
Banned

R#91 I believe...its not cracked/split or anything it just looks old or possibly got hot sometime or another lol
Old 8th November 2012, 06:48 AM   #16
Banned

tied between C43 and C44...lol
Old 8th November 2012, 06:50 AM   #17
Banned

I never checked it lol not yet anyways lol
Old 8th November 2012, 06:58 AM   #18
Banned

not real bad considering god knows how old that all that **** lol but looks can be deceiving I know lol
Old 8th November 2012, 01:08 PM   #19
Banned

Ok now getting my head out my *** etc lol hunting down the source for that sound change I had....lol I started from the beginning I opened up the back plate to my Ibanez JS1000 discovered a shitty ground connection for the bridge pup on the tone pot etc and that cap had a burnt spot in it how I have no clue someones previous shitty soldering attempts? lol but any ways I said hell with rock out 80s style bypassed that damn pot completely and grounded at the - terminal on the input jack HOLY **** absolutely SCREAMS now lol its like a totally different guitar now and amp sounds like 10x better lol more open and better clarity and just more 3D and natural sounding should of done that long time ago lol
Old 8th November 2012, 01:14 PM   #20
Banned

it just like sounds so much hotter like the amp is on the verge of blowing up lol

Hide this!Advertise here!